Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs
We’ve all heard of dares gone awry (in fact, one could argue a dare isn’t successfully completed unless it goes at least a bit awry), but this one, tragically, turned deadly. A 20-year-old man from Tunisia died after eating 28 raw eggs on a bet.
Dhaou Fatnassi was dared by friends to ingest the eggs whole. It’s unclear if this feat involved eating the egg shells as well. According to Huffington Post, the man’s friends promised him an undisclosed sum of money if he completed the bizarre stunt.
Fatnassi reported feeling pains in his stomach after consuming all 28 eggs. He was rushed to the hospital, but died on the way there.
As reported by Mirror Online, raw eggs can contain dangerous salmonella bacteria. It’s best to eat eggs that have been properly cooked in order to avoid food poisoning. It’s unclear if Fatnassi died due to food poisoning or due to the sheer amount of eggs in his system.
With all the deaths and injuries attributed to the “fuzzy bunny” game and other bizarre food dares, it’s a wonder people keep putting ridiculous things in their mouths for money, recognition and whatever personal satisfaction a person gets from eating weird stuff. Please, for Pete’s sake, people, stop ingesting stuff that isn’t regular food in regular quantities. Leave the bizarre food dares to the professionals.