Stephen Hawking’s Party for Time Travelers was Really Boring (VIDEO)
In a bid to gather some “experimental evidence that time travel is not possible”, Professor Stephen Hawking decided to throw a party for time travelers.
The concept was simple: Hawking threw a party open to any and all time travelers, no RSVP required. All they had to do was show up on June 28th, 2009. He then sent out the invitations after the party was over. The idea was that time travelers in the future would get the invitations and head back in time to party it up with Stephen Hawking.
Unfortunately, they did not. It resulted in one of the saddest still images of all time:
According to Hawking, his ‘party for one’ was probably for the best.
“It is likely that warping [backward in time] would trigger a bolt of radiation that would destroy the spaceship and maybe the space-time itself,” he explained. So I guess we dodged a bullet there.
So, what does this mean for the possibility of time travel? Well, there are a few options:
- -First, that time travel into the past isn’t possible.
- -Second, that time travel can’t occur beyond the point at which the first time machine is invented.
- -Third, that the ‘many worlds’ theory is true, and time travel is not possible in our version of the universe.
- -Fourth, that future humans refuse to travel back to a time before which dubstep was invented.
- -And finally, that no one likes Stephen Hawking.
Check out the video below for Hawking’s explanation of his ‘Time Traveler’s Party’.